As we draw near to the one-year mark of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, we grieve for those who have suffered, lost loved ones, and have lived amid conflict for so long. At the same time, we continue to place our faith in the goodness and sovereignty of God.
At HOPE, we believe in the power of prayer, and so we invite you to join us in continuing to pray for our Ukrainian staff and the entrepreneurs and farmers we serve.
Here are some ways we can pray together:
- Pray for HOPE staff in Ukraine who have experienced rolling power outages and other critical infrastructure suspensions as Europe’s winter continues and fighting in Ukraine’s south and east persists.
- Praise God for over 70 business owners and farmers who have taken out loans since the war began. Pray for their businesses, that they would continue to operate and be viable amid infrastructure challenges.
- Pray for Daniela* and her husband as they develop their berry-farming business this year. Daniela took out a loan from HOPE Ukraine in the fall of 2021 to purchase blueberry seedlings and improve their farm’s irrigation system. Pray for the protection of their crop and for an abundant harvest!
- Praise God that recently HOPE staff and a team from The Chalmers Center traveled to Romania to equip and encourage 45 pastors from Ukraine. They were trained to design and implement solutions for the challenges facing their communities as they live through war. Please continue to pray for these pastors as they design new initiatives to serve internally displaced people who are living in their communities.
- Please pray with us for an end to the war, for wisdom for leaders addressing critical infrastructure damage, and for continued protection for the HOPE Ukraine team. We remain in constant communication with staff in Ukraine, many of whom have now permanently relocated to the western part of the country.
Subscribe to our monthly prayer update here to continue praying for Ukraine and those we serve around the world.
*Name changed for security