Now months later, as violence continues in Mindanao, we ask that you join us in prayer for the Philippines, specifically lifting up the Center for Community Transformation (CCT), HOPE’s local partner in the Philippines.
While CCT does have several branches on the island of Mindanao, all of them are several hours away from Marawi, where the majority of the violence has occurred thus far. We praise God that no CCT clients have been injured or killed—though many have family members or friends who are missing, dead, or fleeing the violence.
As we grieve over the unrest in Mindanao, we invite you to join us in praying Scripture over the Philippines:
- The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in Spirit (Psalm 34:18). Father, be near to those whose loved ones are missing, injured, or killed. We know that You are no stranger to grief—surround each grieving person with Your comfort and peace.
- Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you (Psalm 5:11). Lord, protect the 21 million people living in Mindanao. Let the terrorists gain no more ground in the country, and protect those who are still trapped inside Marawi.
- Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths (Psalm 25:4). As CCT’s leaders make important decisions about CCT’s operations in Mindanao, grant them wisdom and discernment. As clients’ businesses are affected by the unrest, give CCT’s staff in Mindanao sound judgement in supporting local clients.
- In the day of trouble, he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock (Psalm 27:5). For the many families who have lost their homes, provide shelter, Lord. As so many families have lost all they have in the world, we pray that You would restore their hope for the future and provide for their physical needs.
- The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace (Psalm 29:11). Father, we know that your heart breaks at violence and injustice in the world. Bring Your peace to Mindanao. Bring the violence to an end quickly, so that no more lives might be lost.
Join us in prayer for the HOPE network by signing up to receive HOPE’s monthly prayer update.
Leave a Reply